Exclusively constructed and sold by Floor and Decor, AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is an excellent quality Laminate flooring with the notable perk of water resistance. This flooring gives off the most authentic appearance and sensation of real hardwood floors and comes within wide style collections. And as an added benefit, it’s quite budget-friendly and at the same time very cost-effective flooring.
The extensive selection of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is segregated by the surface finish and there are multiple options available in this regard, with textured, smooth, and hand-scraped finishes being the prominent choices.
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring Reviews
Flooring Pure, your ultimate trustworthy flooring guide will help you choose just the perfect flooring for your place. With that said, we’re up for a spectacular and extremely favorable discussion regarding the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring Reviews. This includes all the essential aspects of AquaGuard Flooring and most importantly the info that will help you in making the right purchase of laminate.
Let’s get started!
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring Lines
- AquaGuard Laminate Flooring comes within two major product collections which are AquaGuard Laminate (Standard) and AquaGuard Performance.
- As mentioned earlier too, the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is segregated on the basis of surface finish or texture.
- Both of the lines of AquaGuard Laminate feature further four collections. These are Authentic Texture (EIR), Texture (Standard), Hand Scraped, and High Gloss.
AquaGuard Laminate (Standard)
|Characteristics||Specifications Of (Standard) AquaGuard Laminate Line|
|AC Rating||The regular AquaGuard Laminate comes with an extremely robust and rare AC rating of 5, which makes it the most suitable and heavy-duty option for all kinds of usage.|
|Style Availability||There are up to 72 options available within the Standard AquaGuard Laminate Line.|
|Thickness||All floors from the AquaGuard (Standard) Laminate Line have a thickness of 12 mm, which is the most beneficial thickness level for all types of uses.|
|Warranty||AquaGuard (Standard) Laminate Flooring Line comes with a lifetime residential warranty and an extraordinary commercial usage warranty of 15 years.|
|Best For||The Standard AquaGuard Laminate Line is particularly designed for residential usage and is also suitable for light commercial usage.|
|Characteristics||Specifications Of AquaGuard Performance Laminate Line|
|AC Rating||The AquaGuard Performance Laminate as well comes with an extremely robust and rare AC rating of 5, which makes it the most suitable and heavy-duty option for all kinds of usage, particularly the commercial-grade utilization.|
|Style Availability||There are up to 15 options available within the Standard AquaGuard Performance Laminate Line.|
|Thickness||All floors from the AquaGuard Performance Laminate Line have a thickness of 12 mm, which is the most beneficial thickness level for all types of uses.|
|Warranty||AquaGuard Performance Laminate Flooring Line comes with a lifetime residential warranty and an extraordinary commercial usage warranty of 20 years, as it is specifically meant for commercial usage.|
|Best For||The Standard AquaGuard Performance Laminate Line is particularly designed for heavy commercial usage with its highest AC rating and a significantly enhanced commercial warranty.|
Complete Analysis Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
Ahead are all the rest of the notable aspects of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, plus all the buying essentials, as well.
Construction Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
Like all other Laminate Floorings, AquaGuard Laminate Flooring features a layered construction too. Besides, several other construction specifications make it turn out as extremely resilient and therefore very serviceable flooring.
As for the layers of AquaGuard Waterproof Laminate Flooring, these are
- Wear Layer
It’s the topmost protective clear layer which serves as a tough barrier for the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring against all the scuff marks as well as scratches. It is made from Aluminum Oxide and comes with a commercial wear resistance of 15 years.
- Design/ Decorative Layer
As shown by the name, this layer features the realistic image of the pattern or style which is to be depicted by the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring. In most cases, it’s the authentic wood styles.
- Core Layer
The core of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is constructed from HDF (High-Density Fiber) based wood. This layer brings about all the structural stability of the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring.
- Balance Layer
The balance layer of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is made from durable melamine and adds to the overall strength of the flooring.
Finishes Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
As mentioned above, the surface finish options are the same for both the lines of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring.
AquaGuard Laminate Authentic Texture (EIR)
- This texture option is also known as the EIR finish since it is made with the Embossed in Register technique and stands out with its realistic wood planks featuring entrancing wood grains.
- Real wood molds are used to achieve this finish and therefore they turn out to be having authentic hardwood floor texture.
- The EIR texture is the largest collection of the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring with up to 40 different styles available.
- Most of the floor options in this collection feature-rich and full textured wood look with a couple of worn and distressed wood options too.
AquaGuard Laminate Texture (Standard)
- This texture option is actually composite wood, however, it looks and feels exactly like the natural hardwood floors.
- The standard texture AquaGuard Flooring, despite being lighter than the Authentic texture, gives off a very realistic wood appearance, such as the Aquaguard Lambent Blonde Oak Water-Resistant Laminate.
- Apart from the appearance of reclaimed wood, AquaGuard Laminate Floors having the standard texture finish also depict the classy styles of mineral staining and weathered looks.
AquaGuard Laminate Hand Scraped
- As suggested by the name, this texture option involves the floor look that seems to be finished by hand.
- The hand-scraped finish option is a wonderful flooring choice if you want the classic rich look of the wood grain with an attractive character.
- Floors having the hand-scraped finish sync ideally well within the old world, rustic and traditional decor themes.
AquaGuard Laminate High Gloss
- This texture option comes with a notable sparkle and can be a good choice if you want your floor to look really fancy or flashy.
- There are multiple attractive AquaGuard Laminate floor styles available with the high gloss finish and they come within the entrancing color options of neutral, warm, and cool-toned, such as honey brown, gray-brown, and cool whites, and a couple of dark-colored styles too.
- AquaGuard Laminate Floors with the high gloss finish have this downside that they aren’t very good at concealing any of the imperfections such as dents, scratches, dirt, or debris accumulation. Besides, due to the high gloss surface texture, these floors also tend to be more slippery than others.
Species Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is known for its remarkable beauty that is the most authentic alternative to real hardwood floors. You will come across a number of different species options across all the lines, collections, and styles of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, like the Aquaguard Cherry High-Gloss Water-Resistant Laminate
The most notable names in this regard are:
- Oak (Most of the AquaGuard Laminate Floors are made from Oak, such as the Lambent Blonde Oak )
Colors Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
On the official website of Floor and Decor, you’re given the option of “Shop By Color” which makes it a lot easier to pick out a suitable floor for your place. There are multiple well-syncing options available that ideally blend into all sorts of interior themes.
The major hue options are:
Salient Features Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
Here are some of the other particular plus points of the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, which explains it giving a good competition to the major popular flooring brands like Mohawk, Shaw, and Pergo.
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is just the flooring to settle for if the floor getting damaged from moisture has been your particular concern. With these quality floors, you get the absolute guaranteed perk of water resistance. Besides, if you want your floors to be completely safe from moisture damage, then you can simply stick to the impressive option of AquaGuard Performance Laminate Flooring, which is a completely waterproof choice.
- Exceptional AC Rating
It’s easy to get sturdy floorings with an AC rating of 4, however, acquiring a flooring with an AC 5 rating is something really exceptional. All of the AquaGuard Laminate Floors come with an AC rating of 5, which makes it the most trustworthy option for all sorts of usage, even the most intense ones too. This also explains the favorability factor of AquaGuard Laminate as the most perfect flooring for heavy commercial usage.
- Solid Warranties
Having a flooring treatment or even an upgrade is one of the major home improvement decisions. And with the importance comes the dire need of the fact that your chosen flooring must remain serviceable for long, in order to provide you with a good value for your money. With AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, you’re absolutely guaranteed of making the most out of your investment as this flooring comes with a lifetime limited residential warranty.
- Ideal Commercial Usage Flooring
Talking about the commercial usage, AquaGuard Laminate Flooring isn’t any less than a legit wonder in this regard as well. With up to 15 years of heavy commercial usage warranty, you can easily expect the best and long-term beneficial outcomes from this flooring. Besides, the AquaGuard Performance Laminate Line offers an additional 5-year commercial warranty, too, which makes it a total of 20 years of commercial warranty.
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is one of the most advantageous flooring options, too, in terms of not just the performance but also affordability. You can easily get AquaGuard Laminate Flooring for as less as $2 per square foot. Besides, this flooring is really easy to install, which is to say that you don’t need to accommodate installation expenses within your project budget. Also, there is generally no need for any transition strips with the AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, so this factor is going to save your bucks, as well,
Pros And Cons Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
|Incredible Water Resistance: Both the AquaGuard Laminate (Standard) and AquaGuard Performance Laminate Flooring come with an outstanding resistance against water and therefore can be easily installed in all areas, even those which are below the ground level. Besides, the AquaGuard Performance is a completely waterproof flooring choice.||Additional Underlayment Requirement: AquaGuard Laminate Flooring does not come with pre-attached underlayment. And since underlayment is a necessary element to use, one has to spend additionally on getting the right underlayment.|
|Extreme Resistance: AquaGuard Laminate Floorings features a highly resilient and sustainable structure and is the toughest flooring choice against the concerns of scratching, denting, and impact damage. This flooring features the rare AC rating of 5 which depicts the fact that this flooring is perfectly suitable for heavy commercial-grade usage, as well, something you can’t find with most of the floorings.||Not a Worthy Flooring: Since AquaGuard Flooring is a laminate flooring it isn’t much likely to enhance the value of your property in any way.|
|Impressive Style Choices: AquaGuard Laminate Flooring offers quite an extensive range of styles and colors and therefore it’s really easy to pick out a suitable floor choice for every decor organization. Besides, this flooring is the most authentic and attractive-looking alternative to real hardwood flooring.|
|Favorable Thickness: AquaGuard Laminate Flooring comes with an exceptional thickness of 12 mm, which makes it an extraordinarily heavy-duty and durable flooring choice.|
|Extensive Warranties: Both residential, as well as commercial usage warranties, are available with AquaGuard Laminate Flooring, which is lifetime limited and 15 years limited respectively.|
Cost Of AquaGuard Laminate Flooring
- AquaGuard Laminate Flooring costs around $2.49 per square foot to $3.99 per square foot and this pricing is for the flooring materials only.
- This flooring does not come with an attached underlayment, so in addition to the underlayment, you might as well, need to consider other expenses too, such as the cost of moldings.
- The AquaGuard Laminate Flooring installation project expenses will also include the cost of professional floor fitting services, in case you aren’t installing them yourself.
P.S. AquaGuard Laminate Flooring is really easy to deal with, as a DIY project since it can be installed as a floating floor, too, without the need for any nails or glue.
Where To Buy AquaGuard Flooring
- AquaGuard Laminate Flooring can only be purchased from Floor and Decor. You can buy the samples both online and in stores and can also view them in the store.
- Besides the online purchase, you can also get AquaGuard Laminate Flooring from the Floor and Decor stores.
AquaGuard Laminate Flooring Cost Vs Other Laminate Brands
|Brands||Cost (per square foot)|
|Shaw||$2.50 to $3.50 per square foot|
|Mohawk||$1.90 to $3.50 per square foot|
|Traffic Master||$0.75 to $1.50 per square foot|
|Mannington||$3.50 to $3.99 per square foot|
|Home Decorators||$1.79 per square foot to $1.99 per square foot|
|QuickStep||$1.79 per square foot to $2.39 per square foot|