Shaw is undoubtedly the most renowned flooring manufacturer and the one that has been working for more than 50 years at this point. Besides manufacturing the vastest floor treatment varieties, Shaw has the most notable and exceptional expertise in the very dimension of Vinyl Plank Flooring.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring Reviews
There are two major lines of the resilient Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (LVP) by Shaw. And ahead are the major aspects and structural emphasis of the two, along with, not to forget their advantages and disadvantages, as well.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring Lines
The two lines of resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring by Shaw include:
- Floorte Pro
The very factor differentiating these two lines is the construction of their cores, i.e.
- Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring features a WPC (wood-plastic) core
- Floorte Pro Vinyl Plank Flooring features a SPC (stone-plastic) core
Let’s proceed to a deeper analysis of the two.
Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring
The core of Floorte Lines is a wood-plastic one comprising plastic/polymers along with a blend of woody cellulose material.
The Vinyl Plank Flooring under the Floorte Lines feels really soft and comfortable underfoot. Moreover, the topmost surface texture is much pliable, too.
- Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring is the ideal option for residential usage and in most cases, it comes with a lifetime durability.
- It is only recommended for a limited commercial usage, i.e. the areas with a light to moderate foot traffic.
Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring does not have a good resistance to water due to the less sturdy core construction, therefore a watchful usage is mandatory.
AC Rating (Wear Layer Thickness)
Since Vinyl Flooring does not have a literal AC Rating, it’s sturdiness and toughness is measured through its wear layer. Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring being a residential usage product, usually comes with a wear layer thickness of 6 mil, 8 mil or 12 mil.
- Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring has a 30 year limited warranty regarding residential usage.
- It has a light commercial warranty of up to 7 years.
$3 to $5 per square foot is the general pricing for Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring.
Floorte Pro Vinyl Plank Flooring
The core of Floorte Pro Vinyl Plank Flooring is made from a stone-plastic blend, comprising plastic/polymers along with ground stone.
Floorte Pro Vinyl Plank Flooring feels greatly rigid and sturdy underfoot and its working is extremely heavy-duty, too.
- Floorte Pro Lines make the ideal floor systems for all commercial spaces such as saloons, showrooms, boutiques, offices, banks, shops, lobbies.
- In terms of residential usage, this flooring line works great for super busy areas such as walkways, corridors, hallways, garages, living rooms and receiving areas.
Floorte Pro is the 100% waterproof flooring line and also has excellent resistance against impact and dent, as well. This flooring can easily outlast the commercial-grade usage intensity.
AC Rating (Wear Layer Thickness)
The general wear layer thickness levels for Floorte Pro are either 12 mil and in most cases, it is up to a good 20 mil, therefore a super sturdy option for all usage intensities.
- Floorte Pro has a lifetime limited warranty for residential usage.
- The commercial warranty for Floorte Pro is up to 10 to 20 years.
$4 to $6 is the general rate for Floorte Pro Vinyl Plank Flooring.
Learn more about Vinyl Flooring Cost Guide
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring Products
Shaw owns a number of Vinyl Plank Flooring Collections, however, the most noteworthy one is the Floorte Collection. This, as a matter of fact, is an EVP (Engineered Vinyl Plank) Flooring collection and further features up to 3 major versions.
Point To Be Noted: In Shaw Flooring, there is no flooring segregation on the basis of build quality or even the wear layer, too.
Shaw Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring
This is the EVP Flooring, which, according to another definition is the “Rigid Core Vinyl”.
- The type of core construction is the major criteria for classifying the versions of Shaw Floorte.
- Furthermore, core type is what decides the best suitable usage of a particular version of Shaw Floorte.
Let’s explore the segregation of Shaw Floorte Vinyl Plank Flooring collections.
1. Shaw Floorte Elite LVPs
- Shaw Floorte Elite is the top-tier LVP brand collection by Shaw.
- Shaw Floorte Elite features a PVC Core Construction and is a totally Vinyl-free mineral core.
- Floorte Elite, as an interesting fact, is the sole flooring that features a thermo-resin top coating, formerly known as the PawDefense Finish.
- Floorte Elite features the vivid and exceptionally realistic EIR (Embossed-In-Register) texture, containing an extraordinarily accurate real hardwood mold application which makes it appear like an adorable prefinished hardwood flooring.
- Floorte Elite comes within 20 different styles.
2. Shaw Floorte Pro LVPs
- Shaw Floorte Pro features a SPC Core Construction and a wear layer of 6 mil thickness.
- Floorte Pro comes within both stone and wood-looking styles.
- Floorte Pro is the only flooring that features Shaw’s proprietary ceramic-bead infused Polyurethane wear layer, formerly known as ArmourBead Finish.
- Floorte Pro is a highly durable floor system, however, it does not provide a very praiseworthy kind of underfoot comfort or way too excellent acoustic protection.
- Floorte Pro comes within up to 140 distinctive styles.
3. Shaw Floorte Classic
- Floorte Classic is the basic floor treatment model of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring.
- Shaw Floorte Classic features a lightweight Vinyl Foam Core, however, there are WPC versions available, too.
- Floorte Classic wonderfully resembles hardwood floors, along with a wear layer thickness of either 12 mil, 20 mil or 30 mil.
- It offers excellent acoustic protection and is a highly comfortable flooring to walk over, as well.
- There are up to 130 distinctive style options available within Shaw Floorte Classic.
Shaw DuraTru LVPs
DuraTrue isn’t a Floorte product and an ultimate budget-friendly brand of LVP by Shaw.
- Shaw DuraTru features a 10 mil thick wear layer and besides this standard durability, you can even get more stronger flooring versions (those with 12 mil or 20 mil thick wear layers) amongst the collection, as well.
- There are both standard and premium warranty levels available within Shaw DuraTru.
- When it comes to color choices of Shaw DuraTru, there are more than 100 classy options at hand.
Cost And Warranty Description Of Shaw Vinyl Plank Products
|Shaw Floorte Elite LVPs||Limited Lifetime Residential Warranty, 20 Years Light Commercial Warranty||$8.90 to $9.70 per square foot|
|Shaw Floorte Pro LVPs||25 Years Residential Warranty, 7 to 20 Years Light Commercial Warranty||$5.50 to $11.40 per square foot|
|Shaw Floorte Classic||Lifetime Residential Warranty, 10 Years Light Commercial Warranty||$6.20 to $11.10 per square foot|
|Shaw DuraTru LVPs||Varies According To The Wear Layer||$1.70 to $6.10 per square foot|
Notable Features Of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring
While a few of the Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring qualities are likely to resemble some other brands, there are several other features too, which belong to Shaw only.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring does offer stone and tile-look floors too, apart from essentially just the wood-look Vinyl floorings. As for the styles, there are a number of natural-stone looking tiles available such as Granite, Sandstone, Slate and others. The notable stone-look options include Intrepid Tiles Lines and Floorte Pro Mineral Mix.
Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring offers the most excellent freedom of installation. You can both glue down the Vinyl planks/tiles as well as can lock them together, all the way to forming a floating floor.
Gluing the flooring down ensures increased stability and sustainability, however the locking system is a more convenient option, in terms of DIY Fitting or residential-grade usage.
Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring comes with this amazing advantage that it can be installed over literally any type of subfloor (as long as it isn’t majorly damaged).
In addition to that, Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring works wonders for any kind of subfloor level, either below or above the ground level, since it is extremely resistant to moisture.
This way, it works for swelling prevention even in the basements, too. The Floorte Pro lines can also go well with a tile flooring having grout lines, thanks to the WPC core concealing the grout lines.
The planks of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring come with an incredible sealing which serves as a protection against the damage that is likely to be caused by moisture.
One remarkable example in this regard is the Floorte Pro that comes without any wood element and which works the best for areas with higher extents of stagnant water.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring comes with a pre-attached underlaymentfor itsPlus versions, such as the majority Floorte Pro and Floorte Lines.
The thickness of the Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring underlayment is up to a good 1.5 mm and besides providing notable comfort underfoot, it also tends to absorb most of the disturbing noise, as well.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring is the ultimate High-definition flooring that is manufactured using the EIR texturizing technique.
This way, it comes with the most realistic wood look as the planks are made within the molds of genuine wood planks, thus leaving them with an amazingly authentic texture.
Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring features FloorScore Certification which refers to the fact that it is an entirely low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) flooring option. This implies that the Vinyl Plank Flooring from Shaw is a wholly eco-friendly floor treatment and it won’t be a health hazard in any way, as well.
Installation Methods For Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring
Another praiseworthy aspect of Shaw Flooring is the convenience and versatility of its installation.
While hiring professional services is always the go-to option at the end of the day, you can totally go for a DIY fitting attempt, too. And the best part is that there are major chances for you to nail this procedure, without indulging in any significant trouble.
These are the main methods of Shaw Vinyl Flooring Installation.
1. Glue Down
Glue down Vinyl Plank Flooring by Shaw is quite an easy way of installation, however it is likely to require much time, since interlocking the planks is required, before they can be glued. This method of installation usually goes for larger commercial-grade spaces.
2. Floating Floor
Within the floating floor system, the Vinyl Planks either come in the form of a snap-together floor system or a click-lock floor system. This side snapping of the planks together is a very convenient DIY method of installation and works well for most of the residential spaces.
P.S. Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring does not come with the loose lay method of installation.
Pros And Cons Of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring
This description of advantages and disadvantages will help you proceed in a favorable direction, regarding the flooring purchase.
|Appearance: Shaw Vinyl Flooring offers the most realistic collection of wood and stone-look floors. Besides, there are multiple styles available, too.||Cost: Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring is a bit excessively pricey.|
|Water-Resistance: Each and every line of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring comes with an excellent toughness against moisture.||Prone to Fading: The planks of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring are much susceptible to damage, when exposed to Sunlight.|
|Wear Layer: Shaw offers the best and most durable Vinyl Plank Flooring with even up to a 30 mil thick wear layer.|
|Maintenance: Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring is really convenient and practical to take care of.|
|Warranty: Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring offers the best commercial and residential warranties. Not to mention the 15 Year Scratch resistance warranty of Elite Series LVP.|
Point To Ponder: Shaw Floorte Pro is a collection that has a reasonable resistance against fading.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring Cost Vs Other Brands
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring usually costs up to 8 for a square foot, with a starting price of $3 per square foot.
Cost Comparison With Other Brands
|Mannington||$3.29 to $6.10 per square foot|
|LifeProof||$2.69 to $3.99 per square foot|
|COREtec||$2.90 to $5.50 per square foot|
|Armstrong||$2.49 to $4.25 per square foot|
|NuCore||$2.35 to $3.80 per square foot|
|Cali Bamboo||$3 to $5.49 per square foot|
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Shaw Floorte Plus 12 mm flooring is the top-rated choice at the moment. Besides, the best part about LVP flooring from Shaw is that you get the most promising level of durability, thanks to the 30 mils thick wear layer. Apart from that, you can even get really affordable Shaw LVP flooring versions, if you’ve got a bit of a limited budget.
What Is The Highest Rated Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Shaw Flooring is the one manufacturing the most sublime quality and thus the highest rated Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring. Shaw Primavera Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring is the most noteworthy product by Shaw flooring that features up to 10 distinctive finishes, for a wholly transforming aesthetic uplifting. In addition to that, the build quality is supremely enduring, too.
Is Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring Waterproof?
The majority versions of Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring, such as the Floorte Vinyl planks, features a WPC (wood-plastic) core and therefore is highly water-resistant in its working. Another reason for Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring being extremely water-resistant is its double wear layers, that works for keeping all sorts of possible damages at bay and most importantly the one caused by moisture.
What Is The Most Realistic Vinyl Wood Flooring?
LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) is the most vivid looking flooring that resembles hardwood floors up to the most realistic extent. Besides, this kind of flooring treatment is a smart way to acquire the sustainable benefits of Vinyl Flooring along with the classy aesthetics of a natural wood flooring, that too, without the need to spend a lot.
What Should I Look For When Buying Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
A reasonable resistance to scratches, dents, scuff marks and stains is the first and foremost factor to consider, when opting for a Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Purchase. A higher level of resilience not only makes the flooring a lot more heavy-duty and ultimately long-lasting, but also reduces the effort required for its maintenance. Not to mention the cleanliness expenses, as well.
What Type Of Backing Is Best For Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Some of the best and most recommended underlayments for Shaw Vinyl Plank flooring include Bravo Underlayment and SELITAC® Underlayment. These underlayment options work best for those Vinyl Plank Floorings that do not contain a pre-defined padding and for most of the Floorte styles, as well, in order to enhance both the walking comfort and acoustic protection.
Who Sells Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring, in the first place, is widely available at home improvement chains such as the notable names of Lowes and Home Depot. Besides, you can also order it from websites like Amazon and Wayfair. Also, you can go for comparing various pricing extents, so as to settle for a suitable choice.